Jul 5, 2010

Reflections

As I reflect on this past year, I have so many wonderful memories that come to mind. From the moment the doctor placed him in my arms, love took on another meaning. Landon has grown so beautifully and he is developing at his own rate, but so nicely and so perfect. Paul and I could not be more proud of our little man. I had a lot of fun putting this little video together. It captures many of the great moments we had with Landon from the time when you could put him down and he wouldn't go anywhere, rolling from his back to belly, crawling, eating solid foods, the first time we caught him standing in his crib, to learning how to walk and developing a special relationship with Beyah and Bohdi. The two times Paul had to deploy during Landon's first year of life, we captured the moments when his submarine was coming home. The BEST day ever! Yes, the crazy lady with a baby on her back dancing is me (Paul got to drive the sub in port and I thought he would be able to pick me out of the crowd better if I flailed my arms and legs). Little did I know, he was not able to take his eyes off of what was ahead of him (since he was in charge of driving the multi-million dollar government property), so now I have learned to 'act normal' when I watch the sub come back. I'll probably still jump and dance for joy, since this next deployment will be our LAST! woohooo! :) I hope you enjoy the collection of videos as much as Paul and I have. Looking forward to building more memories with our little man and falling more and more in love with him each day!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome video Brooke!! You are an amazing wife, mom, and daughter in law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year seems to go by fast when you watch it on Video. We have truly been touched by God and Brooke, Landon, Paul, along with the dogs give us a close up view of what He is doing. My heart is really touched. Thank you Brooke for making it so real for us. May the Lord continue to bless and keep you in the center of His will.

    ReplyDelete