Jun 26, 2011

Great Grandad, Grandad & Gramsey Visit: Part II

Like I said in the last post, we spent a lot of time indoors with the kids because the smoke was too heavy in the air for them to be breathing in. So, Grandad played the guitar for them all the time and we played inside a lot! Our cars were squeaky clean thanks to Paul's Dad and Gramsey helped out a lot with the indoor tasks. :) On the last full day they were here, we all hopped in the cars and headed to the Jacksonville Zoo. We got to see almost every animal there and even got up close and personal with a few animals. It was so hot, so we took advantage of all of the indoor exhibits with A/C...which meant for spending time with a lot of snakes. Not my favorite place to be haha, but at least it was cool and the kids could cool down. We saw this GIGANTIC anaconda! No joke, I was holding Elle at the time and literally the snake was looking at her like mmmm yummy. haha This thing could have eaten me! But, they were neat to look at (I guess haha). My favorites were the elephants, the lions and the great apes.

Uncle Lee and Aunt Shelby gave this sweet little dress to Elle and I had to get a picture of it from the back...so sweet. And I just love these chunky little legs!

Tummy Time!
Hi there!
Elle was smiling so big when her Grandad was playing his guitar for her! She LOVED it!
Having fun with the kiddos!
We went to the zoo and had so much fun!
Checking out the rhinos!
There he is!
Curious little monkey. :)
Elephants! They are still my favorite!

We all loved the elephants!

I just love this picture. She is just chillin' with her Grandad. :)
This is at the giraffe overlook...
Landon loved this!
At the petting zoo. Landon had to make sure the goat was not sleeping (it was). But, Landon insisted that it was awake and wanted to pet it, haha!
Great Grandad with baby Elle...
and then with Landon. It was really special to have him be with both Landon and Elle.
Thank you Great Grandad, Grandad and Gramsey for a great visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment