Feb 23, 2011

1 Week Old!

Paul and I cannot believe that Elle is one week old today. When the clock hit 11:49am it was hard to believe that a week has gone by already. It's been a very tiring and healing week. I am getting back on my feet again and we are getting Elle on more of a consistent schedule. Our first night home was pretty tough (and that's putting it nicely). Elle did not want to sleep anywhere but in our arms. And we will not allow ourselves to fall asleep with her in bed with us, so we were up pretty much all night long with her. Paul was up with her for a straight 3-4 hours in the beginning of the night and I took the second shift and was up from about 2:30am to 6:30am...she finally fell asleep then. So, it was a difficult first night home. Landon woke up around 7:00am and was as ready as he could be to start the day. The second night was a little bit better, and now she is only waking up about two to three times a night! She is a very good baby. Landon is surprising us every day. He truly is an amazing big brother. He loves her so much already and is now calling her 'my baby Elle'. In the morning when he wakes up, he says hi to us (it's really cute...he says 'Hi Mommy! Hi Daddy! very excitedly) and then says "wer myy babeee". Paul and I are learning so much about being the parents of two beautiful babes and we feel so blessed every day. Speaking of Paul...he is the most wonderful Daddy. His love for his two babies just pours out of him. I am so blessed to have such a great husband and father of my children. (It's crazy to say 'my children'...2 babies...wow!).

She can sleep in any position! Haha, it's too cute!

Elle's first bath at home!


I love just staring at her. She is so beautiful and so sweet.

Such a sweet face.

Taking a snooze. This picture looks just like one of my baby pictures. I was born with a lot of dark hair too...except mine stuck straight up!


Landon loves to blow kisses to his sister. He loves her already!


We love this picture. When we first put her in this swing, he sat next to her the entire time in his chair. He likes having a little baby in the house.



Daddy and Elle spending some nice quality time together...oh and Bohdi too!


The Big Bro! He impresses us each day as a new big brother.


Landon hanging out on the back porch in his AWESOME Terps outfit...dinosaurs in hand! Thanks Aunt Lauren!! GO TERPS!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures - I LOVE the Terps outfit! See you in less than a week......................can't wait!

    ReplyDelete