Today was a big day! Landon went to his first day of school! Well, it's not really school, but it is a preparation school for pre-school. We have enrolled him in this program one day a week and it's both exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. The teachers at his school are very nice and I can tell Landon will learn to really like them. Dropping him off was very difficult (I was a wreck all day long and even went back to look in the window to check on him half way through the day), but I kept telling myself that this was a GOOD thing and that he needs the interaction with other children and authorities. He will learn so many things at this school such as social etiquette, how to share, how to wait his turn, how to stand in line, manners, eating at a table with friends, eating new and exciting foods, and maybe even the beginnings of potty training. These are all things we are working on at home and we are excited that he will get to experience these important things with other children in a different environment. He will also get to enjoy circle time, arts and crafts, the playground and so much more! All in all, it will be a great experience for him and, Paul and I are excited to see how Landon develops and grows.
Landon got a great report for his first day. The teachers said he was sad after I had dropped him off, but after a few minutes started to explore the classroom and toys. He liked their trucks and dinosaurs. And he enjoyed getting to know his new friends and teachers. His overall mood was labeled 'Happy' and 'Inquisitive'. Today they did arts and crafts and circle reading time. Paul and I are so proud of Landon. He is such a big boy and this is a very exciting time!
Before we know it he will be going off to College!!! Aaaahhhhhh!!! All the more reason to cherish every single moment we have with him!
Here's my big boy after his first day of school!

I gave him a cookie because I missed him so badly!! It was a tough day for me...I ate a few cookies too. HaHa!!
So sweet Brooke! I love that you went back to check on him :) I totally understand that!
ReplyDelete