Nov 1, 2010

Trick or Treat

This was Landon's first Halloween to go Trick or Treating! I don't know who had more fun, Landon or Paul and I! We had so much fun walking him house to house. Landon was very shy in the beginning, but eventually opened up and was practically running and pulling our arms to get to the next house faster. We must have walked over a mile and Landon hung in there like a champ! He didn't ask to be put in the stroller until the last 10 minutes. Almost every other house said that he would win a costume contest if he entered one haha! I must say, he was the cutest Parrot I've ever seen! Grandad and Gramsey picked out this costume and gave it to Landon as a gift. A few people said, 'how appropriate!...he's learning how to talk and parrots learn how to talk too!' Landon ended up getting a pretty good amount of candy (which Paul and I were excited about haha) and got to meet a lot of nice people. And the biggest highlight for him was this one house that had 3 dogs out front. Landon ran up to that house and went straight for the dogs. They were very friendly and Landon enjoyed petting them. When we turned to leave the driveway Landon said, "byebye puppies". It was really sweet. When we got home, Landon was allowed to have one piece of candy and then it was time for bed. He passed out! Halloween is the greatest night for getting your child to sleep well! :)

Here he is! The cutest Parrot ever!

Landon liked this house. We met a little girl who was about Landon's age. She was dressed as a lady bug. Plus they had a cat and Landon was really excited to see that!

Hmmm, what's in here? He was guarding his candy pretty well!

Daddy and Landon

Check out what is in Landon's left hand...his toothbrush! haha He insisted on bringing it with him. We got a lot of pictures of him with his toothbrush on Halloween night and will pull them out later in life if he fights us on brushing his teeth haha! Halloween = Candy and my son brings a tooth brush. He's so sweet!

I decided to try on the head of his costume and he started laughing really hard. I guess I did look pretty silly.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable costume - very cute pictures. Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooo cute! I've never seen a parrot costume. He must have been the talk of the town :) Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete