Mommy and Daughter
Fact: Elle is identical to her brother when he was her age! (I guess that's no secret haha.)
Such a happy girl! She has started to drool...teeth may be on their way soon!
Fact: Elle is a mover and a shaker! At night time, the way we lay her down in her crib is not the way we get her in the morning! She is almost ready to roll over!
Fact: Landon has learned how to drink out of a cup (not his sippy cup, but a normal cup)! And Elle is cooing more and more each day. You can actually have a "cooing" conversation with her!
Fact: Landon is well aware of what the words 'treat' and 'cookie' mean. We cannot stay these words in our house anymore unless he is allowed to have one haha.
Fact: Landon is an awesome singer. He sings from the heart and boy is it a beautiful sound!
Fact: Elle has been sleeping 10-12 hours straight through the night now for about 4 weeks! Paul and I are super happy about that haha!
Fact: Landon knows the sounds of many animals. But, one of his favorite things to do is 'act' like a dog. He loves his pups, Beyah and Bohdi and learns a lot from them...at the dinner table, Landon will lick his plate without using his hands and thinks it's very funny...a habit that we hope doesn't carry in to the future haha! :)
It is a lot of fun to look at pictures of Elle lying on this play mat because it feels like it was yesterday when Landon was lying on this very same one!
Fact: Elle has started to grasp at things and hold on with all her might...such as, my hair, my skin, my ears, my nose haha...oh and her toys. :)
Fact: Elle's first smile was towards her brother.
Landon has been having a lot of play dates lately and this is his friend Judah. They are having a 'cheers' with their blueberry muffins on our back porch!
Fact: Landon really enjoys playing with older friends because he can mimic and follow what they do. They are a little bit faster than him and he likes to chase them. This is Judah! Landon pronounces his name, Hoodah!! And when we were at the park, Landon would say, 'Hoodah, Come back!'. He really loves playing with his friends!
Fact: Landon is an excellent dancer. He really knows how to boogy. If we put music on, he will start twirling and he is an expert at the "Night at the Roxbury" head bob!
Fact: Landon likes to talk to Elle and tell her stories. Elle will actually follow him with her eyes and sit quietly listening to him.

Watching these two interact is the most precious time of my day. Elle loves the attention she gets from her brother and Landon ALWAYS wants to be a part of anything Elle is doing. He is very protective of her already!
Watching these two interact is the most precious time of my day. Elle loves the attention she gets from her brother and Landon ALWAYS wants to be a part of anything Elle is doing. He is very protective of her already!
Fact: Landon really likes to climb and make a mountain of pillows to run and jump on. Soon enough, we will be making forts!! Elle is SO close to rolling over and she loves to do tummy time!
Fact: When I was little my parents gave me a mohawk because I only really grew hair down the middle of my head. And Elle has the same hair that I did, so we love to give her mohawks too! Landon can count to 10 (1, 2, 8, 9, 10!) haha and he can almost sing the ABC's...when he is in the mood! :)
Fact: Elle is starting to get the chunky little rolls that Landon didn't get until he turned about 5 months...I love rubber band rolls! :)
Landon snuggling on his new sleeping bag! It's got fish on it...he still loves fish! Maybe he'll be a marine biologist one day! :)
Fact: Elle loves to be rocked and sung to...especially by her Daddy.
Fact: Landon is getting better and better at liking the big potty. He is taking his time with potty training, but we are seeing great improvement each week!

Elle is getting stronger every day! While Landon was playing in his pool, Elle and I caught a few rays!
It's been perfect weather for playing in the baby pool, so the 3 of us go out front and play! Elle enjoys watching her brother play in the water and I get to lie on a beach chaise! It's great for all of us!
Elle is getting stronger every day! While Landon was playing in his pool, Elle and I caught a few rays!
Fact: Elle has started to laugh when you pull her arms above her head and say "So Big!".
Fact: Elle loves bath time...when it's just her. When Paul was in Nicaragua on a surf trip with Uncle Hayes, I decided I would try to give the kids a bath at the same time to save some time. Well, lets just say I will not do that again, until Elle is able to sit up on her own. The very first thing Landon did when I put Elle in the tub was pour an entirely full cup of water right on Elle's face. Elle was a trooper...she made some funny faces and thankfully closed her mouth and nose while it happened and didn't even cry. But, she definitely did not like it! So, no more baths together until she gets a bit older. :)
Fact: Landon likes to help water the plants. The baby pool starts out full and by the end of the time we are out front, it is half full. Landon fills his buckets up and waters the plants for me! It's great! :) He once tried to water Elle, and we weren't having any of that! haha!
Paul and I have started a 60 day work out challenge called "Insanity". It is literally insane! We are 3 weeks into it and man alive it's tough! The workouts are really hard, but it's great to do it together. Landon is a big fan of the workouts himself and likes to crawl under us when we are in plank position or doing push ups haha! This is him and I doing a high five at the end of a work out!
Fact: Landon is actually very good at pull ups! As long as we hold him up, he can pull himself up on the bar! And he really likes to do planks with us! He's going to be an athlete!
Fact: Our favorite time of the day is cuddle time. I love to snuggle with my kiddos and in turn, they love it too.
A cuddle sesh in the morning. Landon has started a new morning routine. He used to run into our room and say "Hi Mommy!". And now he runs into our room and says, "Mommy get up!, Elle awake!". He is informing me of this so that I can get her out of her crib so that he can start his morning cuddle session with her. It's really too cute.
Fact: Landon is going through a naked phase...well all the way down to a diaper. It's been so hot here, so he would rather not where any clothes and just chill in his skivvies. :)
Fact: Elle's hair is finally getting long enough to wear some barrets. I'll sometimes put these head bands on her, but she looks super cute in barrets.
Fact: Bohdi and Beyah are EXCELLENT with both Landon and Elle. They are such a great part of our family!

Landon likes to sit on our back porch a lot and I caught him red handed one day. I couldn't find my drink and he snuck it out here and was drinking from both cups! When he knows he doing something he's not supposed to be doing, he gets all cute and says things like "Hi Mommy" or "I yuv u Mommy" in a really sweet voice with his head turned to the side while he's batting his eyelashes at me.
Landon still likes to think the Boppy pillow, Bumbo chair, and swing are all his...therefore, he must use them at the same time Elle is using them haha!
Landon likes to sit on our back porch a lot and I caught him red handed one day. I couldn't find my drink and he snuck it out here and was drinking from both cups! When he knows he doing something he's not supposed to be doing, he gets all cute and says things like "Hi Mommy" or "I yuv u Mommy" in a really sweet voice with his head turned to the side while he's batting his eyelashes at me.
Fact: Landon can completely understand what you say. And he thinks we can completely understand what he says. However, that is not always the case. So, when he says things that we can't understand, I will try to say what I thought he said and if I'm wrong he'll say, "No Mommy" and repeat what he first said. It's really cute!
Fact: Landon is a really good sand castle maker! And Elle loves the beach too!
I love this picture. It really shows the sweet relationship they have with each other. Landon knows how to be gentle when he is loving on his sister and Elle just adores him.
Fact: Landon likes to take all of his 50+ books and put them in our room, then in Elles room, then back in his room. He really likes to make mountains with his books. And he LOVES to read (well have us read to him). However, many times I catch him on the monitor sitting in the glider in his room reading a book before nap time or bed time.
No comments:
Post a Comment